FAQS – Existing LJSC Referees
- LJSC Rules (effective 2017) – LJSC Spring Rules
- What are the Rule Changes (effective 2016)
- STYSA rules of play (effective 2016)
- Heading Policy
- Where can I get a current copy of the Laws of the Game?
Print copies are no longer mailed to referees. I have a print copy in the binders at the ref stations (with the game cards). Link to the online version– http://theifab.com/#!/laws
- How much does a referee for LJSC get paid?
- Effective 2016:
|U9||$ 30||$ 15|
|U10||$ 30||$ 15|
|U11||$ 35||$ 20|
|U12||$ 35||$ 20|
|U13||$ 40||$ 20|
|U14 & up||$ 40||$ 20|
- When will I be paid?
- LJSC recreational games worked Monday through Sunday will be paid by check on the following Saturday. Generally this means that if you work a game on Saturday, you will be paid at the following Saturday’s games. Example: September 10 games will be paid on September 17.
- If you worked a make-up game during the week (Monday through Friday), those payments would be paid on the 2nd Saturday following your work.
- If you are not at the field to collect your check, I will mail it to your home address.
- How do I use GotSoccer to accept games?
A few general pointers:
- Use the following link to sign up for the LJSC Spring or Fall season. https://www.gotsport.com/asp/officials/login.asp
- Make sure the LJSC Ref Assignor is an approved assignor on your accounts (under the assignors tab). It is a good idea to also add any BYSA assignors that might be in the area, if you’re interested.
- Set your team affiliations (teams your siblings are on or that your parents coach) Home > Availability > Affiliations
- Set your availability by Monday afternoon (for Saturday’s games).
There is a drop down under the availability tab where you can choose between “Available except where noted” or “Unavailable except where noted”
- You will receive an email each week with your assignments. Please accept or reject any assignments within 24 hours.
- When / how do I get recertified?
- Generally you will need to get recertified at the end of each calendar year. For example:
- Initial certification (new referee certification) in Spring – you will need to be recertified at the end of the year to officiate next season’s games.
- Initial certification (new referee certification) in Fall – you will be certified through the end of next calendar year season. You will need to take a recertification course at the end of the following year to officiate future games.
- Recertification is now offered online – https://www.stsr.org/AvailableClinics.aspx
- You can recertify for for the following season if your certification has not lapsed by more than 3 years by taking a recertification course.
FAQs – Future LJSC Referees
- How do I become a Referee?
- You must complete a grade 8 entry level clinic. Please visit www.stsr.org for full details and course availability.
- How much does it cost to become a referee?
- The course fee is $80. You will also be required to purchase a referee starter kit that will cost approximately $60.
- A new referee who completes the new referee certification course after July 21, 2016 will be reimbursed the cost of the certification after he/she has officiated four games in Lake Jackson. The games may either be recreational or competitive games for LJSC or BYSA.
- A new referee who completes the new referee certification course after July 21, 2016 will be provided a uniform if he/she commits to officiate four games in Lake Jackson (either recreational or competitive games for LJSC or BYSA).
- My registration has lapsed. What do I need to do to get recertified?
- If the lapse is 3 or 4 years, you must take the entry course to be recertified. If you take the entry course between 7/1 and 12/31, your registration will be effective January 1 of the next year. You will not be eligible to referee for the remainder of the current year.
- If the lapse is 5 or more years, you will be considered a new referee. You must take the entry course. You will be eligible to referee on completion of the course, even if you take the course between 7/1 and 12/31.