- LJSC Rules for Spring 2017 – LJSC Spring Rules
- What are the Rule Changes for 2016-2017?
- IFAB Law Changes – 2016/2017 http://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/assets/documents/IFAB_laws_of_the_game_changes.pdf
- STYSA rules of play (effective 8/1/2016)
- Heading Policy
- Where can I get a copy of the 2016-2017 Laws of the Game?
Print copies are no longer mailed to referees. I have a print copy in the binders at the ref stations (with the game cards). Link to the online version– http://theifab.com/#!/laws
- How much does a referee for LJSC get paid?
- Effective 4/1/2016:
|U9||$ 30||$ 15|
|U10||$ 30||$ 15|
|U11||$ 35||$ 20|
|U12||$ 35||$ 20|
|U13||$ 40||$ 20|
|U14 & up||$ 40||$ 20|
- When will I be paid?
- LJSC recreational games worked Monday through Sunday will be paid by check on the following Saturday. Generally this means that if you work a game on Saturday, you will be paid at the following Saturday’s games. Example: 9/10/16 games will be paid on 9/17/16.
- If you worked a make-up game during the week (Monday through Friday), those payments would be paid on the 2nd Saturday following your work.
- If you are not at the field to collect your check, I will mail it to your home address.
- How do I use GotSoccer to accept games?
A few general pointers:
- Use the following link to sign up for the LJSC Spring 2017 event. https://www.gotsport.com/asp/officials/login.asp?EventID=57585
- Make sure both Joy Holt and LJSC Ref Assignor are approved assignors on your accounts (under the assignors tab).
- Set your team affiliations (teams your siblings are on or that your parents coach) Home>Availability tab>Affiliations
- Set your availability by Monday afternoon (for Saturday’s games).
There is a drop down under the availability tab where you can choose between “Available except where noted” or “Unavailable except where noted”
- You will receive an email each week with your assignments. Please accept or reject any assignments within 24 hours.
- When / how do I get recertified?
- Generally you will need to get recertified at the end of each calendar year. However, if you received your initial certification in 2016, see below.
- Initial certification (new referee certification) in Spring 2016–You will need to be recertified at the end of 2016 to officiate 2017 games.
- Initial certification (new referee certification) in Fall 2016–You will be certified through the end of 2017. You will need to take a recertification course at the end of 2017 to officiate 2018 games.
- Recertification is now offered online (as of 1/1/17) – https://www.stsr.org/AvailableClinics.aspx
- You can recertify for 2017 if your certification has not lapsed by more than 3 years by taking a recertification course.
- How do I become a Referee?
- You must complete a grade 8 entry level clinic. Please visit www.stsr.org for full details and course availability.
- How much does it cost to become a referee?
- The course fee is $80. You will also be required to purchase a referee starter kit that will cost approximately $60.
- A new referee who completes the new referee certification course after July 21, 2016 will be reimbursed the cost of the certification after he/she has officiated four games in Lake Jackson. The games may either be recreational or competitive games for LJSC or BYSA.
- A new referee who completes the new referee certification course after July 21, 2016 will be provided a uniform if he/she commits to officiate four games in Lake Jackson (either recreational or competitive games for LJSC or BYSA).
- My registration has lapsed. What do I need to do to get recertified?
- If the lapse is 3-4 years, you must take the entry course to be recertified. If you take the entry course between 7/1 and 12/31, your registration will be effective January 1 of the next year. You will not be eligible to referee for the remainder of the current year.
- If the lapse is 5 or more years, you will be considered a new referee. You must take the entry course. You will be eligible to referee on completion of the course, even if you take the course between 7/1 and 12/31.
Click here to contact Joy Holt